Monday, March 30, 2009

King size candy bars



If I were to ask you to define the difference in quantity between a regular chocolate bar, and a king size candy bar, what would you say? Perhaps, "like wider and longer man," or 30% more. These are both reasonable descriptions, but in only one case are they grossly, grossly understated. That example is the king size kit-kat bar. At the office today, I sold a sponsored credit account to a client, and for this small miracle, the human resources department offered me $5 cash, and a piece of candy of my choice. The options presented were attractive to say the least, featuring among others, not only the aforementioned kat bar, but an m&m kudos, a pack of pepperidge farm mini-cookies, and most excitingly, a pack of the often overlooked, but always delicious mamba. For those who don't remember mamba, it is the fruit based candy, packed in the shape of rectangular starbursts, and offered in variety packs with 4 flavors and 16 pieces. After patting myself on the back for my accomplishment with the credit line, I asked my my manager (totally on purpose) if I could be excused to go redeem my credit receipt. She happily obliged me and I was on my way. Four floors later, I was faced smack dab in the middle of a dilemna. Do I take the rare cookies, the stand-in soccer practice snack, or the over-sized mainstream snack. To me, the math was simple. Just as I would never order any pizza from pagliacci less than a large, I would never pass up the opportunity to get more candy than less. I am in fact American, and to me, less is not more. More is more. That said, always remember that the king size hersheys kit-lat bar is the best option when trying to buy candy economically.
I don't like abstract film makers. I'm 30% finished with Wild at Heart (1990), and I really don't appreciate so far why it's considered this instant classic. Aside from Cage being his usual charming self, it's really confounding me. My conclusion is really just that between David Lynch and Brian DePalma, I hate non-linear, impressionistic film-makers. I'm a little behind on my Cage posts, so i'll wrap up the week with tomorrow's post. As for next weeks films though, I will reveal the list of 5 starting in the morning, after discussing my final opinion of David Lynch's 1990 ruckus. Until then, in the legendary words of Ving Rhames, "stay up baby boy."
-Bateman out

No comments:

Post a Comment