Tuesday, June 23, 2009

If anybody is still listening

Hello. It's exactly 11:01am on Tuesday, the 23rd of June. I'm sitting here drinking a grande black coffee at Fuel, a little cafe' on 19th in capital hill. Although there are 3 fuel coffee's in Seattle proper, this was the original location. Interestingly enough though, the chain was started by a veteran barista and lesbian, so nearly the entire staff and female patronage is comprised of "tough guy broads." It's a very strange place to sit and do much of anything that requires focus, because the portal into this other world of trendily homosexual coffee is terribly distracting.
Anyhow, introductions aside, I should probably explain my abrupt and prolonged absence from blogspot if I intend to inspire any kind of attention to this site. It's been just over 2 months since my last post, and in that time i've had some pretty incredible epiphany's regarding the value of time, and the importance of prioritizing. Regretfully, these life lessons have reduced my filmic intake by almost 60%. This isn't a statistic I intend to keep constant forever, but until I learn how to fit everything else into the equation that is my day to day, i'll have to settle for what I can afford. To mark the first day of this second stage in my blogging career, I will make one promise (to myself if no one else); I will post at least 5 times a week, always with a film in mind to discuss or relate to a current event. Hopefully, I will be able to get in 3 or more movies a week, and in time, perhaps I'll be able to structure themed weeks again (always open to suggestion, cough, cough). For now though, if anybody is reading this post, I still want to improve as a writer, and for that reason, I will keep this pseudo-journal active. Thanks for checking in.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment